Thursday, April 12, 2012

Wearing A ROBE: New Journal, Review Of Behavioral Economics

So, while today is my 64th birthday, yesterday I and two co-conspirators had a skype conversation definitely deciding on starting a new journal to be called the Review of Behavioral Economics (ROBE), which has been under consideration for several months now. I shall be the Founding Editor. One of the co-conspirators is Zac Rolnick, who runs nowpublishers and will be the Publisher and who as manager of journals at the old Kluwer oversaw the starting of more journals in economics than any other publisher (some include Journal of Risk and Uncertainty and Experimental Economics). The other co-conspirator is Morris Altman who will be Coeditor, and who was long time Editor of the Journal of Socio-Economics. BTW, for anybody who does not know, I edited the Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization (JEBO) for nearly a decade.

I could say many things, but the one that I shall say for now here is that a lot of people told me that under my editorship JEBO managed to be the only economics journal that pulled off the balancing act of being both "heterodox but respected." I hope that we shall be able to pull something like that off with ROBE.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

fitness centers minnesota


Hi there. I really love to wear a robe especially a fashionable one. Great article.

Michael Jay said...

When will the journal be available to submit articles for publishing?

I am a Msc. Finance student (with a market psychologist hiding inside) looking to get some papers submitted for publication before applying to PhD programs.

Barkley Rosser said...

Try early next year, Michael.

Barkley Rosser said...

Michael,

It will probably be sooner than that, maybe more like six months. But we have a lot to do, including selecting our board of editors, before we can really be open for business. However, I thank you for your inquiry as indeed we need to make it public when that "open for business" moment fully arrives.

Anonymous said...

audience response system

Happy to see your blog as it is just what I’ve looking for and excited to read all the posts. I am looking forward to another great article from you.

Anonymous said...

I know this is really boring and you are skipping to the next comment, but I just wanted to throw you a big thanks you cleared up some things for me!